When you work at Greater Mankato Area United Way, you are part of a group that is helping build a better tomorrow for all.
Current career opportunities:
Resource & Donor Development Director
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2020
TITLE: Resource & Donor Development Director (Click here for the pdf job description, or see below)
HOURS: 40-hour work week with the expectation that additional hours will be worked when necessary to accomplish the responsibilities of the position (in particular, the United Way campaign season from August to December)
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
The purpose of this challenging and rewarding position is to organize and motivate volunteers and contributors to raise the necessary funds to meet Greater Mankato Area United Way’s mission and goals. This position will build relationships, business development, new markets, and increase the retention percent. The Director will have the responsibility to analyze, develop innovative fundraising strategies, and make direct decisions within the region to ensure the execution of the organization’s mission. Possesses Greater Mankato Area United Way’s core values of Integrity, Commitment, Collaboration, and Accountability and believes in United Way’s mission of improving people’s lives.
Greater Mankato Area United Way is a dynamic nonprofit organization located in Mankato, Minnesota, serving Blue Earth, Le Sueur, Nicollet and Waseca counties. We focus on the impact areas of basic needs, health, and education to ensure our region stays strong and balanced. Our programs are thoroughly vetted by community-led impact teams and serve more than 50,000 people each year. Supported by over 1,000 annual volunteers, we convene and connect the community to build a better tomorrow for all.
1. Develop and execute Greater Mankato Area United Way’s annual campaign.
2. Develop and nurture relationships with volunteers, contributors, and staff.
3. Assist organization to develop relevant and inspiring communication tools.
4. Network through personal involvement in our region’s organizations.
5. Utilize discretion and make decisions regarding campaign and volunteer development, strategic fundraising initiatives, and special events.
6. Coordinate and work in partnership with the CEO to spearhead development efforts as Greater Mankato Area United Way continues to grow.
Cover letter required. Please submit cover letter and resume to Communications & Marketing Director Laura Murray at LauraM@mankatounitedway.org by January 31, 2020 for consideration.