When you work at Greater Mankato Area United Way, you are part of a group that is helping build a better tomorrow for all.
Posted 3/10/20: Data Systems Manager
GREATER MANKATO AREA UNITED WAY
TITLE: Data Systems Manager
REPORTS TO: Resource and Donor Development Director
HOURS: Non-exempt position at 40 hours per week; occasional evening hours for events
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of this challenging and rewarding position is to manage the organization’s database that contains comprehensive donor and activity information. Chief roles include managing and executing data entry, overseeing implementation of any changes to the system, analyzing data, and defining logical data sets to help Greater Mankato Area United Way to optimize its communication, marketing and resource development departments.
A successful candidate possesses Greater Mankato Area United Way’s core values of Integrity, Commitment, Collaboration and Accountability and believes in United Way’s mission of improving people’s lives.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages organization’s data systems and databases.
- Implements data mining practices, inquiries and procedures; researches and adds new accounts; updates/creates current distribution lists for campaign mailings; and completes system updates and changes.
- Leads all analysis and reports, including for United Way Worldwide.
- Serves as a member of the Resource & Donor Development team to provide reporting to retain markets, develop new markets and establish donor recognition.
- Works closely with the Director of Finance to ensure accurate records for the financial reporting requirements that pertain to donor accounts.
- Assists with event reporting and data for events and activities, including ECL Luncheon, ECL Trainings, Top Executive Luncheon, Women with Heart, etc.
- Consults with staff to best understand data needs of the organization, then works to construct solutions.
Performs other duties as required, assists co-workers as time permits, and performs duties related to care of the facility, maintaining a clean and safe work environment for all.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Experience with CRMs
- Experience in graphing and data analysis
- Proficient with Excel and Word
Please submit cover letter and resume to Janice Berndt, Director of Finance: JaniceB@mankatounitedway.org.
Don't see what you are looking for? Check out our volunteer opportunities.