Careers at Greater Mankato Area United Way
Greater Mankato Area United Way is a dynamic nonprofit organization located in Mankato, Minnesota, serving Blue Earth, Le Sueur, Nicollet, and Waseca counties. We focus on the impact areas of basic needs, health, and education to ensure our region stays strong and balanced. Our programs are thoroughly vetted by community-led impact teams and serve more than 53,000 people each year. Supported by over 1,500 annual volunteers, we convene and connect the community to build a better tomorrow for all.
Current Job Openings (1):
9/6/2023: Community Engagement Manager (click for pdf)
GREATER MANKATO AREA UNITED WAY
TITLE: Community Engagement Manager
REPORTS TO: CEO
HOURS: 40 hours per week. Includes occasional evenings and weekends.
The purpose of this challenging and rewarding position is to engage the communities we serve by strengthening relationships and securing new sources of funding. This position will focus on the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new workplace campaigns, business partnerships, and area residents. In addition, this position will be responsible for articulating the value of individual and corporate investment to a range of community members and stakeholders.
Assists as needed in the overall fundraising and impact for the organization. Manages and executes a comprehensive plan to build strategic year-round relationships that align with our mission and generate resources for our community. Develops and implements aggressive plans to cultivate new business relationships and research new sources of revenue including corporate and individual gifts, employee campaigns, and grants.
Possesses Greater Mankato Area United Way’s core values of Integrity, Commitment, Collaboration, and Accountability and believes in United Way’s mission of improving people’s lives.
Greater Mankato Area United Way is a dynamic nonprofit organization located in Mankato, Minnesota, serving Blue Earth, Le Sueur, Nicollet and Waseca counties. We focus on the impact areas of basic needs, health, and education to ensure our region stays strong and balanced. Our programs are thoroughly vetted by community-led impact teams and serve more than 53,000 people each year. Supported by over 1,500 annual volunteers, we convene and connect the community to build a better tomorrow for all.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS & TASKS:
- Development of Market Segments
- Maximizes fundraising growth through concerted, collaborative efforts in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contributes to mailings, meetings, pledge entry, grant applications, and other development needs.
- Prepares clear and concise objectives and materials for each donor visit.
- Researches company and leadership for knowledge of history and culture.
- Identifies and builds meaningful relationships with prospective corporate partners, individual donors, volunteers, and advocates; cultivates the desire to deepen their engagement.
- Works closely with staff, board, and volunteers to “open doors” to prospective key executives and create peer-to-peer engagement opportunities.
- Spearheads initiatives to grow and engage the “Always United” segment.
- Tracking Engagement & Communication
- Accurately tracks and projects engagement for assigned accounts. Manages and monitors campaign progress, identifies and communicates potential problems, and makes adjustments as necessary to attain goals. Regularly reports to and updates CEO.
- Follows up to implement and convert prospects into sustaining partners/donors through corporate giving and employee campaigns.
- Works with Data Systems Manager to add and update donor names and contact information, demography, and mapping; input donor communications; and produce notes on donor and prospect research.
- Community Involvement & Company Representation
- Provides visibility for and represents the organization at community meetings and events as assigned, especially those tailored to the business community.
- Maintains a current understanding of and articulates our impact, focus activities, and results.
- Assists CEO in conducting trainings, existing rallies, and overall campaign efforts as needed.
- Other Duties
- Gathers mail and creates daily deposit log and remote bank deposit.
- Answers and directs calls or visitors as needed.
- Assists with fundraising events and activities, as well as other programs and projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, etc) required. Personal integrity, reliable, time management, detail-oriented, critical thinking, analytical, collaborative, multitasking, organized, flexible, willing to learn, and passionate about helping others. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of community members, donors, volunteers, board members, staff, and others.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Laura Murray at LauraM@mankatounitedway.org.
We offer internships throughout the year in the areas of Events, Resource & Donor Development (Business), Communications & Marketing, Events, and more. Our internships are unpaid. We'd love to discuss how we could shape a meaningful internship that aligns with your goals. Contact us at MankatoUW@mankatounitedway.org.