Held each August, Greater Mankato Area United Way’s Women with Heart Luncheon unites women in our region to make a difference. This is our first pledging event of the annual campaign for our partner programs!
You Are Invited
Women of all ages are invited to Greater Mankato Area United Way’s 12th annual Women with Heart Luncheon! This year’s powerful event will continue the conversation on mental health.
Wednesday, August 4, 2021
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Mayo Clinic Health System Event Center
Join us for the after part immediately following the luncheon at Number 4!
This year’s event features two young women involved in Project for Teens, a Greater Mankato Area United Way partner agency. In a conversation around mental health, the panelists will share their personal journeys, while facilitator Kate Cox provides guidance on recognizing signs and symptoms and how to support people experiencing mental health issues. Kendall Grund is an incoming senior at Mankato West and participates in swimming and choir. Kobi Shuck played girls basketball for Mankato West and will be a freshman at Gustavus Adolphus College this fall. Facilitator Kate Cox, LICSW, is Program Director at Project for Teens.
Chicken Tawook (gluten free): Marinated chicken with Najwa’s signature schwarma sauce on the side, red-skinned mashed potatoes and vegetables. Cookies donated by Najwa’s Catering.
Vegetarian: Chef’s choice.
We cannot accommodate dietary requests the day of the event, so please encourage guests to report any needs they may have by July 23.
Watch the Women with Heart program virtually if you prefer. Your ticket comes with the option to pick up a meal at the following locations:
- Mayo Clinic Health System Event Center, Mankato – Massad Salad (gluten-free/chicken wrapped separate)
- Diamond Dust Bakery, St. Peter – Chicken Salad on Cranberry Wild Rice Bread Sandwich
- Lush Cakes, Waseca: Green Goddess Bagel Sandwich (gluten-free/vegetarian)
Tables seat eight. Individual tickets are $25 each. A table of eight is $200. Sponsorships at the $1,000 and $500 levels are still available.
Choose what works best for you.
- You can purchase the table or half-table yourself (online/by phone/invoice).
- Pay online: https://www.mankatounitedway.org/form/2021-women-with-heart
- Table Host Tip: If you purchase your guests’ seats, consider requesting that they pledge $25 or more to United Way!
- You can invite the guests to your table and have them purchase their own tickets (online/by phone/invoice/check). If they use the online registration form, there is a place to enter their Table Host’s name.
- You and/or your guests can pay the day of the event.
Thank you to our Grand Prize donor, Exclusively Diamonds!
White Sapphire Circle of Life Pendant
The Grand Prize will be drawn from completed pledge forms.
We will also draw for door prizes throughout the luncheon, generously donated by local businesses!
There will be free parking in the Civic Center Ramp (enter from Riverfront Dr. or Walnut St.). There is also parking in the parking ramps on Hickory Street and 2nd Street, which charge $3 if you are parked for more than 2 hours. Handicapped parking is available in designated areas. Visit the Civic Center webpage for more information.
All are welcome to join us for the After Party following the event from 1-3 PM at Number 4, sponsored by Number 4 & Exclusively Diamonds. Continue the conversation while enjoying live music by Garrett Steinberg, specials and prize drawings. Buy one, get one free on all house wines or enjoy a signature Women with Heart cocktail. Raffle drawings at 2:15 PM include a free night at Konsbruck Hotel and jewelry gifts from Exclusively Diamonds.