The next application cycle will open in January for funding requests for the following year.
Minimum Requirements for United Way Partnership and Funding Requests
To be eligible to become a funded partner of Greater Mankato Area United Way (GMAUW), agencies must meet the following basic requirements:
- Agency must be recognized as exempt from taxation under the Internal Revenue Code as well as from corresponding provision of other applicable state, local and foreign laws.
- Program must fall within the impact areas of Basic Needs, Education, and Health.
For a full list of agency governance requirements, click here.
Additional application requirements include:
- Agency must provide ample and reasonable evidence to substantiate the need for and effectiveness of its program, including but not limited to, outcome measurements and demographic data on those served.
- Agency and program budgets.
- Agency visit is required for all applicants.
- All applications and supporting documentation are accepted online only.
Applications emailed to current partner agencies and agencies who have requested to apply. New agencies will need to contact United Way to request an application.
All funding applications have a March due date and are submitted through email.
April - May
GMAUW Community Impact Committee site visits with applicants.
The GMAUW board will review recommendations, discuss and vote on preliminary funding decisions.
Funding letters will be sent out to all applicants informing them of the preliminary funding decisions.
January – December the Following Year
Program funding distributed to agencies in monthly or quarterly payments.
The amount of total funding available is dependent on the overall success of the annual United Way fundraising campaign, which commences each Fall through early Spring.
Funding is requested, awarded and designated to specific programs only. Program administrative costs may be acceptable expenses included in the application.